Toyota Zero point calibration

New owner of a ucanic-ii-c. I was reading codes in a friend’s 2011 Rav4, and got B1786 as one of the codes (present and history). How do I use the tool to perform the zero point calibration?

Thanks

The codes cannot be erased if you haven’t fixed the problem that triggered the airbag light in the first place. In other words, if an internal fault code is active or a crash is recorded, you won’t be able to turn off the airbag light until you address the problem. You may need to repair or replace defective sensors and delete the trouble codes. To calibrate/initialize the airbag using the scanner, go to the service functions and perform the calibration/initialization by following the steps provided by the scanner.

I understand about needing to correct the issue. But the issue is that the calibration needs to be done. So how do I access the “Service Functions” as you noted above?

To access the “Service Functions,” click on Maintenance in your scanner menu, then look for the Airbag option.

Note: YOUCANIC scanners can perform airbag system diagnostics and may support zero calibration, depending on the specific model and its features.

Hey, I had that same B1786 code pop up on a 2010 Camry. With the ucanic, you’ll need to go into the airbag or occupancy sensor module and look for “zero point calibration” under special functions. Follow the prompts exactly—make sure the seat’s empty during calibration. Good luck!