S400 Hybrid no start

Good morning,

I am coming to you because I am currently in the process of purchasing a 2009 s400 Hybrid. Unfortunately, it starts intermittently with clamps connected in the trunk (between two cars) (12v battery).

When I went to see her, I got these codes on Xentry:

Current: U011000, U029A81, U011081.

I am about to plan an A0009064703 control module, But I noticed that when the battery was disconnected from the clamps (connecting two cars), my vehicle voltage on Xentry drops sharply 13.8v->9v and I have the battery indicator displayed on the dashboard.

Could the fact that my main battery drops to 9v cause my hybrid CAN network to malfunction?

I would like to know if in your experience you would have encountered a similar problem.

The hybrid battery is at 70% and charges well when the engine is running.

Sincerely.

Yes main 12v battery needs to be in good healt

Could the fact that my main battery drops to 9v cause my hybrid CAN network to malfunction?

Yes it could casue the BMS or CAN network to shut down and give you issues such as no start. Replace the 12 volt battery and retry.

Hi sir, possiblly Yes, the voltage drop from 13.8V to 9V could definitely cause CAN communication issues in your S400 Hybrid. The 12V battery might be weak or the alternator could be failing, affecting the hybrid system’s functionality. Since the hybrid battery charges well, I recommend testing the 12V battery and alternator first. If the 12V system is unstable, replacing the control module might not fix the issue.

To diagnose the problem accurately, I suggest using the YouCanic Scanner, as it can read and clear codes, check the battery voltage, and provide live data for better troubleshooting.

@quentin some things to check is if the battery is good you can go to any local auto parts store and they can test your battery for free i would recommend doing the small steps first to isolate the problem and go from there