Mercedes W221 S400 no start

Hi

My Mercedes W221 S400 Hybrid has decided not to start. There has been an intermittent problem for a long time where the car sometimes needed two to three attempts to start but now it’s permanent. I have read the Youcanic articles and have a feeling it could be the Power Electronics Module but still not sure. The hybrid battery charge is 54% and the voltage is even over all cells.

There are the following fault codes that I didn’t notice before:

Engine ECU: No codes.

DC/DC converter: U010000; Communication with the ECU has a malfunction.

BMS: C11000; Communication with control unit Electric machine A has a malfunction.

Power Electronics Module: P0A1E00; Component N129/1 (Power Electronics Control Unit) has a malfunction.

There are also the following codes that were present when the car still started:

BMS: 0A7F00; Age limit of the high voltage batteri module is reached.

BMS: 0A8000; Component A100g1 (High voltage battery) is defect.

Hoping that you can give me a better idea of what could be wrong.

Based on the fault codes that you have posted, you have both a faulty power electronic module and also a faulty hybrid battery.

Hi
Check the wires and conectors for corosion or water demaged.

Thanks for the input guys, I will definitely check wires and connectors. Any known spots to check first? If it comes to replacing parts, can I start by replacing the Power Electronics Module and see if that solves the problem or do I have to replace the BMS at the same time to not damage the new PEM?

Hi sir, It sounds like your W221 S400 Hybrid has an issue with the Power Electronics
Module (PEM) or related communication systems. The P0A1E00, U010000, and C11000
fault codes point to a malfunction in the PEM or DC/DC converter. The BMS codes
suggest aging in the high-voltage battery, but since the charge is stable, it’s
likely not the immediate issue.

I recommend focusing on the PEM and inspecting wiring and connections for damage
or corrosion. To pinpoint the issue, use a YOUCANIC Scanner for detailed live
data and accurate diagnostics. It’s a great tool for hybrid systems and can help
confirm if the PEM needs replacement or if another component is at fault.